Category Archives: projects

My personal projects

mp3 id3 tag whatsit

I bought a few mp3s from mp3sparks (formerly allofmp3) and was annoyed that the mp3s were not tagged with their track numbers but they were in the filename. I had a quick look to see if I could fix this somehow. I found id3-py which I used to write a python script that fixes this […]

Developing a Firefox Extension That People Actually Use

I’ll stop venting my anger at faceless corporations now. There’s a nice write up on the tools needed to write good firefox extensions. [ cialis strenght mg | viagra overnight | best way to use cialis | generic cialis soft tabs ]

Old School House Art Group is now live The last three nights I have been frantically building and populating my Mum’s Art Group’s website. I promised it to her months ago and it was due yesterday as a new exhibition started. I built it completely on WordPress (nine instances of it) and integrated with flickr (they can manage all their paintings and […]

Halfviking get’s videos (ffmpeg, convert, flvmdi, flvplayer)

I’ve always wanted my online gallery export script to handle videos and last weekend, I bit the bullet and wrote it. I used quite a few Open source projects to accomplish this which means that PEAExport has a few dependencies but I think it’s worth it. My Canon Ixus takes AVI movies. The sizes of […]

Geek resolutions

As it’s new year and my motivation is at an all time low, I think a list of TODOs (or new years resultions) is needed. Some of those listed are techy and some are not but all of them are aimed at improving my life. I will Finish the new design of this site – […]

Aggreg8 lives

This weekend I have gone on an all out Open Source offensive. I have released a new version of ACR (Automatically Create Rewriterules) with some bug fixes and faster processing of sites. I have released an updated version of PEA (Photoshop Elements Album Export) with improved accessibility and more options in the python script header. […]

auto rewrite rules and google sitemap generation

Although we’re very busy in work at the moment, the last few evenings I have been pythoning myself up and have come up with 3 nifty little scripts. Automatically generate a google sitemap for any given url – . Automatically generate rewrite rules for any given url – . View a list of […] sold

None of you will have noticed that and are now actually hosting Microcosm which is a Microsoft portal of some sorts. I was approached about a month ago to see if I would sell Hell yes. I suggested $3000 as I could not be bothered getting into a to and fro debate […]

Half Viking Gallery Goes Live

It’s been a while on the back burner but this weekend I went hell for leather and managed to get the necessary coding done to get live. I manage all my photos 6000+ photos in Photoshop Elements and I am very happy with how it copes but it’s web gallery export sucks ass. What […]

Demo up

A proof of concept XHTML outputting demo is now live @ BBC news and are featured. [ viagra canadian scam | prescription cialis | order usa viagra online | viagra 50 mg ]