I’m not our server admin here at Ticket-Text but the whole issue of project dependency management and deployment does interest me. As such I’ve been looking at ways to help and have compiled the following list of what I have found most useful. I admit I have not read all of these yet but Fabric and virtualenv do definitely seem to be standard now for any django project and they could save alot of work. I’ll let you know how we get on.
- Fabric Homepage
- django-fabric project
- Deploying Django sites with Fabric, Pip and virtualenv
- Deploying Django with Fabric:
- Tools of the Modern Python Hacker: Virtualenv, Fabric and Pip
- Fabric factory (project to manage fabric file deployment)
- A Primer on virtualenv
- virtualenv Homepage
- Deploying Django
- Scaling Django Web Applications
- How-To: use virtualenv and pip to install stuff
- All Djangocon videos
If you’re looking for a simpler way to deploy SVN changesets check out my python script SVNArchiveByChangeset which still works a treat for packaging SVN changesets as a zip or tar file.